Senior Care in Jensen Beach FL
Senior care professionals want everyone to know about the new super heroes. These are the Supercentenarians! They are a very special group. Supercentenarians are individuals that live longer than 110 years. Women are the record holders for living such long lives.
Here are a few of the exceptional supercentenarians:
- Maria Gomes Valentim – This Brazilian woman came very close to 115. The NY Times reported that she lived for 114 years and 347 days. She said her long life came from a healthy diet. She ate a bread roll with coffee in the morning and lots of fruits.
- Christian Mortensen – This California man with a Danish heritage holds second place for the longest living male of 115 years and 252 days.
- Jiroemon Kimura – According to Bloomberg, this Japanese man holds the world-record for the longest living man in recorded history. He lived to be 115 years-old and 253 days. He beat the previous record holder of Christian Mortensen by living one day longer.
- Besse Cooper – Today reported on her 116th birthday. She lived to be just a bit older than 116 years. She told everyone the secret to her long life was minding her own business and not eating any junk foods.
- Gertrude Weaver – Having also lived to be 116, the Guardian said she almost survived to celebrate her 117th birthday party. Her advice was to use lots of skin moisturizer, treat everyone nicely, avoid fast food, and eat home-cooked meals instead.
- Misao Okawa – The Guardian reported she passed very peacefully just after reaching her 117th birthday.
As of May 2015, the oldest living person is Jeralean Talley. She lives in Michigan, USA. Time reports her age now as 115. She loves to go fishing. When she was 112-years old, she caught seven fish on one outing. We are rooting for her to beat the world’s record.
The world record holder is Jeanne Calment. This lovely French woman passed on August 4, 1997 at the age of 122 years and 164 days old. Wow!
Wikipedia says that many of these supercentenarians live out their complete lives without having any major disease. They die from natural causes by simply going to sleep. Most are still in their own homes and receive in-home senior care to help them make meals, dress, and with personal grooming.
For the record breaker who makes it to the 123rd birthday, there is a special treat in store for them. The UK Mail reports that a businessman from Moldova, Dmitry Kaminskiy, offered a US$1 million prize to the first person to reach 123 years old. He thinks that new research in stem cell replacement therapy and rejuvenation techniques will allow many to live past the age of 120. This is currently considered the limitation of the human lifespan. Mr. Kaminskiy says he prefers that the medical technology improves so it would be possible to live forever. That is why he offered the prize as encouragement.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of senior care services in Jensen Beach, FL or the surrounding areas, contact the caring professionals at Treasure Coast Home Health Care. Call today at (772) 678-3324.
Maria Gomes Valentim
Meet the World’s New Oldest Living Person
Moldovan oligarch pledges $1 million prize to the first person that can live to be 123