Senior Care in Tequesta FL
With over 23 million seniors over the age of 60 being below the poverty line, saving money is extremely important. Most elders who are receiving senior care do not have the capabilities to get back into the workforce, whether they lack mobility or have a condition that makes working impossible. Discounts can be found in everything, from groceries and restaurants to prescriptions. Find discounts in your area with the following tips.
How to Find Senior Discounts
1. Ask: Most places will not give you discounts unless the older adult asks. The reason most businesses will not mention these discounts is because they do not want to offend anyone who may not be at the senior citizen age yet or do not want to hand out these greatly reduced prices unless they absolutely have to. The only way to make sure elders getting in-home care will get these discounts when they are out and about is by asking.
2. Join a senior organization: There are a wide variety of senior organizations out there that will allow seniors to save a great deal of money. Not to mention how affordable the memberships are. AARP and AMAC are the most popular choice, costing $16 a year for adults over 50, while ASA is close behind, costing $15 per year for adults over 50. These organizations will offer huge discounts that will not be found anywhere else.
3. There is an app for that: For those seniors who are technology-savvy, discounts can be found with just the touch or click of a button. For those who have a smartphone, here are some apps that aging adults receiving elder care should use frequently:
- SeniorSavings App: This app costs $1.99 and will provide seniors with over 200 discounts. Make sure to check the age restrictions in order to find out if they qualify for the savings.
- SeniorDiscounts App: Also costing $1.99 in the App Store, SeniorDiscounts can be used on iPhones and iPads, allowing elders to search for discounts based on categories, business names, or location.
- GoodRX App: This app is free for Android, iPhones, and iPads and will provide seniors with prescriptions they can get discounts on. A prescription can also be used to save money on medication for themselves and pets.
4. Check out these websites: Apps are not the only form of technology that can be used to get super low prices on products and prescriptions, but there are a wide variety of websites that can also keep the senior’s wallet full.
- SeniorDiscounts.com: Over 250,000 senior discounts can be found on this website at both a free and premium membership level.
- TheSeniorList.com: Discounts are listed based on the staff of the Senior List and community suggestions.
- WiseBread.com: An enormous list of discounts can be found on this website, including Applebee’s, DoubleTree Hotels, and movie theaters.
Saving money is one of the perks to getting older, so with these tips, senior citizens will be able to take advantage of getting discounts.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of senior care services in Tequesta, FL or the surrounding areas, contact the caring professionals at Treasure Coast Home Health Care. Call today at (772) 678-3324.
National Council on Aging. “Economic Security for Seniors Facts.”
Amie. “Tips for Getting the Best Senior Discounts.” (2015).