Home Care in Hobe Sound FL
Let’s face it, preparing meals for your loved one can get a little mundane. When it comes to senior care, maintaining a healthy weight and increasing nutrition is vital to guard your loved one against heart disease. But how do you accomplish this without taking out all of the taste and joy from the food your loved one eats?
Limiting less nutritious food or foods that are high in cholesterol or saturated fat like meat, dairy products, eggs and butter is the first step. Gradually incorporating healthier food options that are high in fiber like whole grain breads, fresh fruits, vegetables and oatmeal into your loved one’s diet is the next step.
It may become harder and harder to come up with new healthy home care recipes that your loved one will actually eat. Give this heart-healthy roast salmon recipe a try!
Roasted salmon with maple glaze
Salmon is a great source of vitamin B12 and vitamin D. It is also a good source of niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus and vitamin B6.
What you will need:
● 1/4 cup maple syrup
● 1 garlic clove, minced
● 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
● 2 pounds salmon, cut into 6 equal-sized fillets
● 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
● 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
● Fresh mint or parsley for garnish
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, mix together the maple syrup, garlic and balsamic vinegar. Heat just until hot and remove from heat. Pour half of the mixture into a small bowl to use for basting, and reserve the rest for later.
3. Pat the salmon dry. Place skin-side down on the baking sheet. Brush the salmon with the maple syrup mixture. Bake about 10 minutes, brush again with maple syrup mixture, and bake for another five minutes. Continue to baste and bake until fish flakes easily, about 20 to 25 minutes total.
4. Transfer the salmon fillets to plates. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and top with reserved maple syrup mixture. Garnish with fresh mint or parsley and serve immediately.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of home care services in Hobe Sound, FL or the surrounding areas, contact the caring professionals at Treasure Coast Home Health Care. Call today at (772) 678-3324.
Source: Mayo Clinic